Saturday, November 13, 2010

Holiday Fun!

Since I have been without a second job for a month now, funds have gotten tighter and I have to figure out ways to have fun but be very "frugal." There are a few ways that I have gone about trying to find the amazing deals around the area for food, fun and more. Being that I have more time off in my evenings, I have had time to search out the blogging world and follow a few more insightful blogs that have information for the "frugal minded." Here is one great one that I just found; a little overwhelming on a Sunday with all the ads they post, but she really had some great savings in hers. I have also looked into area Chamber sites and really studied up on the Downtown Waukesha site.

Being that a lot of my friend also lost their job/second job when I did, we are all feeling the pinch! So I am looking out for them as well when I think of things to do. A lot of us live right in downtown Waukesha (or near by) so I am trying to find a lot of things we can do with very minimal money.

I noticed in windows of bars and pubs in downtown Waukesha that more are having Happy Hour deals. I will have to post about those when I have all the details. But below is what I have found around the area that I hope to participate in.

November 19 - Christmas Tree Lighting in downtown Waukesha - 6 pm. It's at the Rotunda building. I'm hoping that this is better than the previous tree lighting of a 5 ft fake tree in a little alley in Waukesha. I have already heard this tree is better.

November 20 - Holiday Craft Fair at Washington County Fair Park - admission $3 but the chance to see 175 vendors with all sorts of craft and fun gifts. I'm hoping to get a lot of my xmas shopping completely this day! I have a good start for now, but can't wait to go next weekend!

November 21 - Holiday Stroll in downtown Waukesha and the Holiday Parade. Last year's parade was a lot of fun to watch and the shops are already getting decked out. I'm very excited to see it all that day. (pray for decent weather)

November 24 - December 31 - Country Christmas Lights at Country Springs. This is upwards of $20 per car but I hear there are discounts and coupons available. And if you load up an SUV with a bunch of folks, then its a perfect way to enjoy beautiful lights. (I recommend waiting for snow on the ground before going).

End of November thru End of December - Candy Cane Lane in West Allis. This is a neighborhood from about 90 - 85 street in West Allis off of Oklahoma that has wonderful christmas light on all the houses every year. If you move into this area, its drilled into you that you are part of this every year. We have always driven Candy Cane Lane because the weather is usually too chilly to walk it all, but maybe this year will be different with how mild its been. Canned goods are accepted and when I have the specific dates for this years, I'll post those too!

November 26 - 27  Bah Humbug Weekend in Waukesha. Details are still coming together about the event but it sounds like it could be a blast.

December 4 - Downtown Waukesha Art Crawl - just like all other Art Crawls, great savings at almost every store and restaurant. Time to get the remaining xmas shopping done.

December 8 - Christmas Train in Hartland. I went to this a few years ago with my friend Bree and Jason. It was a great time and again its for hunger so canned goods are collected as pay for the events. The train makes a brief stop in Hartland, the doors are opened and a band plays all our favorite carols while lights and animation go along with it.

December 11 - Santa Run/Walk in downtown Waukesha. Not many details are stated on this and I'm not sure if there is a cost to enter, but what's more fun than a bunch of santas, elves, reindeer and more running around downtown Waukesha.


Ok those are just a few things that I have found. Now who's ready for some fun???

No comments:

Post a Comment