Friday, December 23, 2011

Restaurant Updates

Just wanted to quickly send out update about restaurants in the area that I have heard about or experienced first hand.

People's Park is back open and I couldn't be more thrilled. If you haven't been here yet in downtown Waukesha, what are you waiting for???

Generations at 5 Points serves a chili and potato bar from 11 am - 2 pm for just $7.50 and that includes soda, coffee or tea.

Via their Facebook page, Magellans/M2 is now open for lunch on the M2 side. Lunch is served from 11 am - 2 pm featuring a slice of the day. I vote this place best pizza in Waukesha!

No progress is being made on the "Renovation" at the Clarke Hotel. I'm not sure what is going to happen there next but we all know that you don't want to give yourself a bad name in a small town :)

The Montecito opened on Broadway across from one of my fave spots "Poppin' On Broadway". Too Kool Fool tested it for lunch and I'm very interested to try it. They have darts, games, a lounge, a bar and a restaurant all in one :) Looks like they are open Christmas night and will also have Fish Fry Fridays.

Coffee 'n Beans went out of business this fall but that is making way for the expansion of Allo! Chocolat from my understanding.

Divino Gelato and Sloppy Joe's are closed now through February 17th as they pursue a venture in Florida. Ice cream and gelato probably don't sell as well in winter, but I will miss Divino's grinders :(

RiverMill Foods is now open on Mondays and from what I have been reading on Facebook, they have had quite the holiday season making cheesecakes non-stop! I haven't had it yet but bought a deal coupon that I will be taking advantage of very soon.

Bodway's put in tappers at the bar in October. Nothing tastes better than a tap beer!

El Ranchito did not close, it just relocated to a strip mall up the hill from downtown Waukesha on Delafield Street. 

The Tex-Mex Restaurant that went in on the corner of Bluemound and J (formerly The Olive Tree) doesn't seem to be open anymore. If I'm wrong on this, please someone correct me, but I have driven by a few times and it's all dark.


Meiji Cuisine on Bluemound by Home Depot seems to be getting rave reviews. I have a Groupon deal for this spot too that I must use soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment