Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Food Penpal - Month 3


This was my 3rd month participating in the Foodie Pen Pals program from The Lean Green Bean Blog. I was excited to find out my Pen Pal was from New York. That city is at the top of my US city list. I had two friends go last year right before Christmas and I was sooooo jealous that they got to see the city in all its holiday glory. 

I sent my package to Amanda in New Jersey. She asked that I try to keep the box organic and healthy as she is really trying to eat healthy and workout. Here is her blog for more information about Amanda. I sent her Strawberry Rhubarb jam, dill dip mix, blueberry cobbler bites.....and my mind escapes me. See her blog for the rest of the details.

SIDE NOTE: I'm hoping both of my foodie pen pals faired well through #Frankenstorm Sandy just fine. And sending thoughts too all my other east coast friends and hoping you are all ok.The pictures are just incredible!




 I love that my foodie penpals have sent me a cute little cheery card along with the goodies!

I opened the plantain chips right away and literally fell in love. These are crunchy and lightly sweet and fulfill my sweet, savory, crunchy addiction. There are very few left :)
I just opened these last night and although the texture is squishy, these are delicious and taste exactly like apple slices.

I had the Macadamia White Chocolate bar for a midday work pick-me-up and when I was at Target last week, I picked myself up another one to get me through another long day. It is really tasty - another sweet, savory, crunchy fix.The s'mores had chocolate on the bottom, making it more of a dessert bar.

These are a great little treat that my dad loved because of the dark chocolate coating. I have to hide them from him!

 My mom and I are very excited for this as we LOVE sweet potatoes. We are waiting for a weekend morning in November to make it.


And I don't even think that she knows that I collect shot glasses, but she sent me an awesome one for my collection.
This is the perfect size bottle of balsamic vinegar and I'm going to use it to marinate some meat in the coming week. Just a sample size and not a ton that if you don't like it, you are stuck with it. But in my mind, all balsamic vinegars are delicious!

Another great month of Foodie Pen Pal goodies. I already signed up for next month! And I have signed up for The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2012 that will take place next month. And after that, I have the Cookies for Kids' Cancer Bake Sale with the #MKEfoodies group in early December. Time to get my baking shoes and apron on!

I love the holidays!

1 comment:

  1. I participated for the first time this month. It was really fun receiving my pen pal's package.
    Looks like you received a terrific package of goodies.

    ReplyDelete