Monday, November 19, 2012

#MKEFoodies Bake Sale - Cookies For Kids' Cancer

Grab bag table at 2011 Bake Sale

I'm very excited to announce that again this year, I am participating in the #mkefoodies Bake Sale to raise money for Cookies for Kids' Cancer - an amazing charity for childhood cancer research. It was started by two former OXO employees whose son had cancer. Click here for the story.


2011 Bake Sale Ingredients
I will be baking some great cookies and maybe some other treats, package them up in holiday wrappings and then prep them for sale. (I, along with the other bakers, will do all the work for you!!) Customers can come and buy their favorite treats to share/gift to family and friends. There will be plenty to choose from because Milwaukee has some very talented bakers that will donate wonderfully tasting and beautifully decorated treats to this great event.


The event even has treats for those with special dietary requests. Last year, I made peanut-free and gluten-free varieties and they were all gone by the end of the day.

If you aren't a sweets fan, feel free to stop by and make a donation. The Pabst Brewery is a really neat building, so enjoy some beer, wander the gift shop, or take the tour. If you can't stop by, you can donate here.

I don't know yet what I'm making for the sale, but with the awesome and ever time-consuming website, Pinterest, I know I will not come up short for ideas. I'm definitely considering some mint chocolate chip cookies. 


And lastly, this past Friday, I received a package in the mail and inside was a spatula. But not just any spatula, an OXO "Good Cookie" Spatula. 50% of the proceeds from the sale of these spatulas will go to pediatric cancer research. I can't wait to use mine for this bake sale and The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap (more details to come on this one!)




Here are the details for the #MKEFoodies Cookies for Kids' Cancer Bake Sale
What: #MKEFoodies Bake Sale for Cookies for Kids' Cancer
Where: Best Place at the Pabst Brewery 
(901 W Juneau Ave, Milwaukee)
When: Saturday, Dec. 8
Time: noon - 4 pm
Why: No child should have to deal with cancer (nor should anyone), so come help support a great cause and get some great treats, and leave the baking to us!


So come on out to the bake sale and donate to this great cause!

2 comments:

  1. I was excited to get my spatula too! I've decide on cake pops for the MKEfoodies bake sale, but am clueless on what to make for the blogger cookie swap. I can't think of anything that will ship well :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are a fan of Pinterest like I am, definitely search on there. I remember seeing posts about good shipping cookies. I'm thinking mint chocolate chip (maybe with baileys) or a rumchata cookie :) And I'll probably be making those for the bake sale too!

    ReplyDelete