Friday, December 28, 2012

Top 12 of 2012

This was the first year that I really spent quality time on my blog and making fun posts for you all to read. I can't believe that I have over 19,000 pageviews when just a year ago I think I was lucky if anyone read my blog and now I'm averaging 50-100 views a day!

This blog started as a way for me to put a personal diary out in 2007 about my life. But then I realized that I wanted to really share something that people wanted to read about and not a journal of my daily tasks. So I began slowly and kept at it. This year I attended Online BlogCon which really helped boost my readership and I started a Facebook page. It's only up from here.

In 2013, I'm attending the Build Your Blog Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah in February with my friend Tiffany and I can hardly wait! But before I get ahead of myself, here are my Top 12 posts of 2012.



I haven't gone back like I thought I would have but the place is still on my list.


Haven't gone twice in one day but I been back many times. Actually the second time I was at People's that day is when my profile picture for my Facebook Fan Page was taken.



This place is really having fun on social media and offering deals to fans that dress up in Packer gear or know an answer to trivia questions. Not to mention, they are coming up with yummy new sandwiches all the time.


I wasn't able to attend the Drop N Shop but I have spent more time volunteering for these lovely ladies and can't wait for what 2013 has in store for them.


A Fifth Friday event was held here and it gave me a chance to eat at the sushi bar. This is the best sushi I have ever had and I can't wait for someone to invite me to go again soon :)



It's only been half a year since this post but there have been a lot of changes already. I better get to writing those down so I don't forget by July!!!


Although it was a really hot day out, running through a city is such a rush and I can't wait to do it in 2013.


I have been back a few more times and I really hope this place makes it. The pizza is amazing and I'm drooling over that beer cheese soup!


I am planning to make the Greek cookies early in 2013 because they were so good. And I can't wait to participate again!


The Waukesha County Biz Alliance, and all the wonderful ladies (and gentleman) that work for it put on the best events. I missed the last Fifth Friday at Thunder Bay Grille due to being out of town, but I can't wait to be more of a participant in 2013.


Nothing has yet come to fruition, but I really hope that it can happen next year. And there are some additional contestants since I wrote that - The Lucky Rabbit???

And Drum Roll Please.........


Thanks to Allo! Chocolat for sharing my blog post in one of their newsletters as it contributed to this being my most viewed post of 2012. I bought my mom a gift certificate to take another one of the classes as well as some of the nice chocolate discs to melt and coat the biscottis that she is dying to make. 

So those are the most popular posts of 2012. I am surprised at some of them, but I am not complaining at all, just overjoyed that people are actually reading me.

Coming up will be my personal Top 12 highlights of 2012 and my 2013 resolutions goals.:)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great year for your blog and you personally. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @shay - thanks so much. It was a learning year for me on many fronts and I hope to continue learning and growing in 2013. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete