Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Next Beer Dinner

I promised you guys this post on Friday, and due to a lack-luster internet connection, I could not successfully get this posted until today. 

Spring weather has finally arrived in Wisconsin - woot woot! I could not be happier to be able to sit out on a patio, take in the smells of the food cooking on the grill and sipping a new beer or two.

Pick 'n Save has a mix-n-match 6-pack area in most of the beer coolers or beer aisles. I highly recommend you take advantage of this to try some great new beers this summer. Recent new beers that I have tried are as follows:

ShockTop Honey Crisp - pretty sweet, but with a nice crisp flavor
(UPDATE) Mike's Smashed Apple Cider - rather sweet, but refreshing. There is a dry cider version that I want to try as well. (Thanks to Mike's on Twitter @mhl for helping me figure out what I drank last week!)

I paired these with Italian seasoned chicken kabobs, Cheddar Potato Chips and Cucumber Salsa. That's what my friends and I made that night, so it wasn't something that was thought out and made to pair like Brooke does at Bernie's.

Speaking of.....  

Bernie's Tap Room has announced their Memorial Day themed Beer Dinner and I would like for you to join me at this great experience. Here is the menu and it's drool-worthy. When are they going to come out with those scratch and sniff computers???

Here is the email:
The unofficial start to summer, Memorial Day weekend, is right around the corner. Summer is the perfect time to enjoy a nice refreshing beer and some great food, and Bernie's wants to help you get the summer off to a great start. We will be hosting our Summer Kick-Off Beer Dinner on Tuesday May 28th. We have selected five of our best selling beers for this dinner, Lakefront Wisconsinite, Alaskan Amber, Big Eddy Imperial IPA, 3 Floyd's Alpha King and Ale Asylum Bedlum. Brooke, as usual has planned some wonderful culinary treats to be paired with each beer, please see the attached menu.
This is sure to be a memorable dinner and a great event. It will also be the last chance many of us will be able to enjoy and share beer knowledge with Alex Berns. Alex is leaving Bernie's for an opportunity in Chicago. We are very excited for him and I know he would be thrilled if his last Beer Dinner with Bernie's was a packed house. So if you can make it please give us a call to make a reservation. If you can't, be sure to stop in and say bye to Alex by the 28th.


For my 200th post, I asked readers to submit their favorite beer pairings to me to be entered to win a free beer dinner from Bernie's. I used Random Number Generator to pick the winner.

Congratulations Tarisa! Hope to see you at a beer dinner soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment