Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wauk Wednesday: 200th Style

It's my 200th post!

I cannot believe that I have written so many posts. What started as something I did maybe twice a month has become something I really love and do twice or more a week. I love sharing my experiences with you and I love the feedback that I have received from my readers.

I have attended Online Blogger Conventions and even attended one in Salt Lake City to help me boost my blog. I have made some great friends all over the US because of my blog and I have learned from fellow bloggers what to do and what not to do. And my local foodie blogger friends are really what helped me get the courage to keep at it and see where my blog would take me.

One of the things that I am really striving for is sticking to a schedule and focusing on my community. And how do I do that? With my stomach of course. If you haven't noticed, I love to cook and eat :)

I have featured a lot of area establishments on my blog and a lot of it focuses around my love of craft beer.

If you search my blog for Waukesha or Beer, you will notice a lot of posts relate to those and most recently, I have attended many beer dinners at Bernie's Tap Room. These are wonderfully run events that pair craft beer with craft food by their amazing chef.

I even attended a KBS tasting at Bernie's last week Monday. The tap room was lucky enough to score a barrel of Founder's Kentucky Bourbon Stout (KBS) and offered it up to the public to come in and try it.

My friends and I stopped in before a get-together to try this rare beer. It was $10 a glass and has an alcohol content of 11.5%. A pint would have put me on my butt! But the smaller sample was delicious. You could taste the alcohol in it, but it wasn't overpowering. The beer is a great conversational beer that you can relax and chit-chat and Bernie's is a great place to do that.


And now for the moment we have all been waiting for.....ok well I have been thrilled since I found out about this. One lucky (local) reader is going to be able to experience a Bernie's Tap Room beer dinner for free thanks to the generosity of my friends at the Tap Room. There will be a beer dinner coming up later this month and one at the end of June. You must live in the area to be eligible to win as we cannot ship one of these meals - you have to experience it first hand. 

Contest Now Closed:
To enter, just leave a comment below telling me what beer and food makes a good pairing to you. One entry per reader please. I will pick a winner at random next week Wednesday, May 15, so get your entry in before midnight on May 14. Please leave your email address if it's not linked to your profile that you comment from so I can get in touch with the winner easily.  

Thanks for coming on this blogging journey with me and I hope you continue to enjoy my posts. Yay for 200!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I personally think beer pairs with any and every food, but I think a good coffee stout with steak or a chocolate dessert or else a Weiss beer with a fish fry. Truly, it all works for me. I love Bernie's and have enjoyed watching it really come together! Tarisa thoppe79@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lager & brats! :-) I've never really tried complementing food & beer, but your posts have made me want to try out one of these dinners to see what it's like. Thanks for the chance!

    Jenny
    jenny.meier@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Tarissa as far as beer pairing with every food out there, but my preference is a nice Belgian tripel paired with seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beer & pizza is always a favorite, but the one I enjoy the most is cold one at the ball park with some peanuts! ~Erin
    curlyqerin@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tacos and Tecate! Or Corona! Not the most creative answer but you knew I'd say that, didn't you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great give-away! I recently enjoyed a super cold Belgian wheat with fish tacos and that was a great match-up. Fingers crossed! :)
    kelly.ratliff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a huge fan of beer and wing night. But I think a good beer can go with just about anything!

    ReplyDelete