Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Holiday Recipe Sharing!

As I watch the snowfall outside in light little glitter flakes, I realize that I have eaten plenty of food in the last month and haven't posted about any of it. The only thing is, with all the holiday festivities, my eating was mostly done at home. But I want to share some of these recipes with you.


At my work Christmas party, I had these amazing ham rollups that my coworker brings every year. I never knew what was in them until now!  Here goes:

1 pkg cooked ham - square shape works best
1 8oz. pkg 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/3 of a container green olives with pimentos, chopped
2 TBSP onion flakes.

Mix the cream cheese, olive pieces and onion flakes until well blended. Take one piece of ham and pat it dry with a paper towel. Spread cream cheese mix on the ham until the entire piece is covered. Then starting at one end, roll the ham up. Then cut the roll into 1 inch slices and tada! ham rollups. Yes there is only 1 left in the bowl because these are unbelievably addicting!

Another amazing treat I had at the party was corn casserole:

1 can creamed corn
1 can regular corn, undrained
1 Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 oz. container light sour cream

Mix all together and pour into a casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 60 minutes. I put a pan under the casserole dish because it puffed up and I was afraid it was going to spill in my oven. Again its just a small plotch because its soooo tasty!



Then in the past week, I got creative with my new food processor and made myself some great meals. I love my book Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 and decided to head right to the Fiber One section and make some out of there. Monday I made Fiber One Chicken Tenders and potatoes.

Cut chicken breasts into 2 - 3 oz sections.

Blend 1 cup of Fiber One with one tsp. Lawry's seasoning salt and some pepper.

Spread onto a plate. Next crack open 2 eggs and beat until blended. I then poured it on a plate so that I could dip the chicken in it and then into the Fiber One mix.

Then spray Pam on a baking sheet and place chicken on it. Cook at 375 for 10 minutes and flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes.

I then cleaned up some medium potatoes and boiled them with garlic and salt for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Then strained them and sprinkled parsley, salt and pepper on them. Bam! Side dish done.







We ate the chicken with BBQ sauce and it was delicious.

1 comment: