Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dave & Buster's

Photo from Dave & Buster's Website
I had the opportunity to check out Dave & Buster's for my 1st and 2nd time within a matter of 3 weeks. The first time I checked it out was with the Waukesha County Biz Alliance for a Networking event. The fajita/taco bar they put out was excellent and had all the toppings as well as rice and beans. The guacamole was delicious and I love guacamole. The room that they put us in had two large projectors in it and would be great for a meeting or work party. We were each given a reward card for games that was worth $10. I wasn't sure what that would get me, but it was worth about 50 points. Games range from 3 - 10 points each and I had plenty of fun with that $10. I earned about 100 tickets that night and saved them knowing I would be coming back. You can add value to your card at any time from some machines located in the game area and if you would happen to get more than one card, you can get all the values added to one at the front desk.

My 2nd opportunity was for my friends birthday party. We met at the bar around 6 and unfortunately our bartender was really slow in making and processing our drink orders. She didn't know prices and I think it would have been helpful for her to have another person behind the bar. There was another bartender who actually supplied me some amazing cocktails when he used to work at Chill in Waukesha. I loved his "little black book" of cocktails and the guy knows his beverages. He even remembered my friend and we hadn't seen him in well over a year. He was making drinks for the servers that were in the game area or serving tables. We were able to snag him to get us another round and help her out, but I really think that she needed a little more training before put behind the bar alone.

Besides the bartender being slower, the Happy Hour has some decent drink deals. I got a 22 oz Miller Lite for under 5 and some others martinis and cocktails. They even have these shots called Over & Unders that come in really cute little shooters. Tiffany got one for her bday and if it was a liqueur that was colored you would see the top one color and the bottom another but she got a cherry bomb with cherry vodka and redbull so it was all the same color basically. She also got a TNTea and she got to keep the glass from it.




Photo from Dave & Buster's Website

After Happy Hour was up at 7 pm, we were sat at a nice booth/table combo for our group of 10 in the dining area and our server was awesome. She talked us through the menu and was very attentive and making sure we were always happy and didn't need anything. I made a meal out of an appetizer of Philly Cheese Steak Wonton Wrapped Rolls and a side of Sweet Potato Fries. Others orders pasta dishes, steaks, chicken sandwiches and everyone was a part of the clean-plate-club this night, and I'll take that as the food was loved. Some of the group took advantage of the Eat & Play combo to get play cards for after dinner, but I signed up for the rewards program and got $10 to play with that way.

The games are a bunch of fun for all ages and ability levels. I love playing the basketball free throw game and skee-ball but my friend and I found a few other games that paid out really well once you figured out the rhythm to the madness. I fared much better on this round of games and earned about 900 points. I again saved these and think I might head back on a Wednesday night when the games are half price :)

I would recommend this place for dinner or for fun and I think everyone can find a game that they would enjoy! Its located right by Mayfair and on a Tuesday night, the place is pretty open in that you can play any game you want without having to wait for it. Plus if there is someone playing it, I'm sure you can find another great game to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment