Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wauk Wednesday: O' What A Day Cafe

Ever since starting my Facebook page for my blog, I have really started to see that Waukesha businesses are understanding Social Media. Not all get it yet (I can help with that), but those that do, make my stomach begin to rumble mid-morning while I'm figuring out lunch.

Last week, I saw on Facebook that O' What A Day Cafe had butternut squash soup, which is one of my new favorites. I hadn't even realized they had lunch yet, so double excitement. I walked on over to Main Street Plaza on a beautiful early December day to grab my lunch to-go.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much work had happened since the last time I was in the location (about a week after they opened for some amazing cupcakes.) They put in a long bar on one wall with stools at it. A few low tables are in the middle and two high tops are against the other wall.

The cupcakes are still displayed on the counter, but I had to resist today (I have been indulging a bit too much lately in sweets).

Cupcakes on Display
I was greeted by a very friendly employee who helped me pair up a soup and 1/2 sandwich combo, although I didn't see it on the menu. Of course I got the butternut soup and she suggested the honey ham wrap that was the special.

I went with her suggestion and took a seat while it was prepared. Two older ladies were enjoying coffee and cupcakes. She told me that I was going to love my sandwich as she had it last week. I then noticed that they serve Alterra coffee and breakfast items - too bad they aren't open until 9 am, so I'm already at work and can't partake except on a weekend.

It only took a few minutes until the employee was back with my soup in a styrofoam coffee cup and told me about the apple, red pepper chutney on top (more stomach rumbles!)

I walked back to work and couldn't wait to dig in. The soup was the perfect blend of sweet and savory. The apple chutney added a crunch element that put it to the top of my soup list. Overall the soup had a slight spice kick, but not too much to kill my tastebuds.

The wrap was thin, but I didn't need much after the soup. I picked swiss on the ham wrap and the honey mustard was homemade and delicious. I also got some potato (maybe veggie) chips and fresh green beans on the side. I love healthy options and finished everything!!!


This whole meal was wonderful and I can't wait to go back to try more food, coffee drinks and of course cupcakes. So if you get a chance, definitely stop by for a bite or take some cupcakes home!

No comments:

Post a Comment