Monday, April 1, 2013

Foodie Penpal Month 7





Month 7 has rolled around of the Foodie Penpal program by Lean Green Bean blog and I couldn't be happier to be apart of this program.

This month I sent a package of goodies from Wisconsin to Delaware. I packaged up some of my favorites including popcorn from Poppin' on Broadway and some dip mixes. '

Her response: I just got your package, and wanted to say THANK YOU, it is all Amazing!!!! I cant wait to taste all the goodies!!!!

I received a package from Minnesota and was so anxious to try it that I didn't even get a picture of everything she sent. 

I enjoyed the yummy Nut Goodie peanut nougat cluster right away and missed the picture on that - whoops! It was heavenly!

Also in the package was a Nut Roll that brought back Easter memories as my grandma gave me and my brother one every year in our baskets. I let my dad enjoy this treat!

Some Emerald cocoa almonds were in the package and they are 100 calories. Coach Ken at Energize Zone talks highly about almonds and says these are a great snack option compared to some others I have chosen. 

I also received a Lunds & Byerly's milk chocolate salted caramel pretzel bar. This bar took a bit to grow on me as at first I thought it was too sweet. But upon second taste, I really liked the sweet/salt/fat combo. I moderated myself on this one and ate only one bit every few days as it was rich, but delicious. 

I sent popcorn and I received popcorn! I took the small package of chocolate drizzled caramel corn to work and ate it for an afternoon snack - indulgent but necessary on a stressful afternoon! :)  I still have the hot caramel corn to enjoy, but I'm not sure about the spice. I'll share that with my friends that love spice!

Finally, there was a bottle of Lotus Restaurant Spicy Stir Fry Sauce. I love Asian cuisine, especially stir fry and can't wait to saute up some veggies and try out this sauce!

Another exceptional package and I can't wait to see what next month brings. 

If you are interested in the program, here is how it works: 

-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment