Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Wellness Profile

I'm finally back to blogging after a Malware issue took me down for a good portion of last week. I didn't want to take the risk of getting my blog blacklisted until I could figure out what were the bad links. Now that I know and have removed them, I hope it's smooth sailing from here forward. I have so much to share!!!

About a month ago, I sat down with Ken at the Energize Zone for my FREE wellness profile. (This is offered to anyone and not just members of the Zone.) I wasn't really sure what to expect and thought that I was in decent shape and just needed to shed a few extra pounds that found me over the last few years. Before signing up at the gym, I would run about once a week and that's it - never went to the gym regularly. I would watch what I ate, but indulged probably too much. I thought that was enough. 

My wellness profile clued me in to a bit of a lie that I was telling myself. Those "few" pounds were a lot more than should be on my body for my height and frame. It was hard to hear and I have always had a skewed image of my body, so this didn't help that cause. But it's the truth and I can live with that or strive for getting healthier (definitely going for the latter)!

Summer 2012 - I'm on the left!
I also have the body type that the fat likes to lie on my front side against my organs :( I was pretty shocked with myself and couldn't believe I let that happen.  I always thought of myself as a medium framed person that was pretty active. 

Mukwonago Poms circa 2000 - I'm second row middle!
Heck I danced all through high school, practicing sometimes up to five days a week. But then in college, I stopped the activity and the pounds came on. And with those pounds came other health factors I didn't consider - blood pressure, high body fat percentage, etc. 

Ken talked to me about these factors and how to get myself on a plan that would get me to where I needed to be to live a healthy life. After college, I had joined Weight Watchers a few times and knew that I needed to watch calories, fat and fiber, but I never realized how important protein was. 

Summer 2010 - one of our many grill outs w/ gluttonous foods!
I thought of protein almost as the enemy and only what "meatheads" ate to bulk up. But good protein from chicken, eggs, fish and soy are perfectly fine for you and you won't bulk up on them.

I am now following the plan that Ken and I worked out for specifically for me, starting each day with protein and doing my best to continue that plan each day. I know that after my first 8-week challenge, I am a much stronger person physically and mentally and am not afraid of workouts anymore. I also understand what my body needs for nutrition and I don't need to eat just because food tastes good! Working out can only do so much for you if you don't follow proper nutrition. I'm glad I was provided this guidance and am ready to continue my journey. Maybe in another month, I'll get my numbers checked to see what has changed. I can almost guarantee they will be much better all around.

So if you have an hour to spare in your busy week, contact Ken and get your FREE wellness profile completed. Trust me - it's totally worth it!

Compensation for this post was provided by EnergizeZone after I asked to feature the 'Zone. Opinions expressed here are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment