Friday, August 30, 2013

Foodie PenPal for a Year!

I have been a part of the Foodie Penpal for one year as of this month. It has been a great experience for me with only two broken items and many new favorite treats!

This month, my box was from Pennsylvania and filled with a wonderful selection.
You can't go wrong with Lindt chocolates but I have never heard of these. They came a little soft so I threw them in the fridge to help them solidify. I just tried the crunch nougat one and it is heavenly. Lindt chocolate is soooooo smooth and creamy!
And pistachios - it's like she read my mind with this box so far - chocolates and my favorite nut - mmm, mmm, mmmm!
She shared in the letter she provided that things turned a little Asian when putting my box together. That is A-OK with this girl. Rice snack crackers are amazing, dried edamame, Jasmine rice, and Basil Curry sauce. I have never heard of the sauce, but it makes me curious and I can't wait to cook with it soon.
And finally she sent me granola and it's a bit different in that it's a soft granola with dried cherries, but wow was it spectacular with a little milk on it. I want to try to find this but it seems to be a part of NatureBox.com, a company that for a nominal fee you receive a box of goodies each month. I appreciate her sharing this goodie with me. Now I just have to find soft-baked granola somewhere before I run out!

I cannot begin to tell you how many new items I have been able to try and of those items, how many new favorites I have in my life. I plan to continue being a part of this progra.

If you want to join the fun of the Foodie Penpal program, here are all the details.

-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.

4 comments:

  1. Love finding Wisconsin bloggers! I lived there for about a year after I graduated (in Madison) and I just loved the state. I want to move back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so jealous of the variety of American products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Im your bloggingpal. Im Amanda, The blog I run is mommiesquietplace.blogspot.com. not the amandalifetips. I closed that one. Sorry for the mix up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed everything--I get a little ADD when I go shopping for these boxes. :)

    ReplyDelete