Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fuzzy's Food

My friend Tiffany and I have been having cravings for a good burger for quite some time but we just had to figure out where. I had tried J. Lotti's and she loves People's burgers already so we decided to try some place that neither of us have had the burger from: Fuzzy's!

When we pulled in the parking lot on Thursday night, we easily found a spot to park and headed inside. Upon entering we realized that all of Waukesha was already aware of the amazing food as the place was jam-packed! We didn't take into account that Thursday was wing night as well and every tables was crammed with wing eaters.

We headed over to the bar side and looked around to see what our options were going to be for eating and the lovely gentleman at the bar in front of us, offered up his seat as he was "full up to his shoes and needed to go home to loosen the laces." This worked out perfectly and we stole an unused stool from a group of college men and settled in.

We started with a beer or two before deciding to get into the menu. Decent selection on tap - Horny Goat Exposed was my beer of choice and Tiff had a Blue Moon. We then got menus and started the task of figuring out dinner. The bound menu was way more than I was expecting from this tiny bar and everything began tempting my taste buds. I heard they were known for their breakfast but my goal was a burger, so that's what I focused on. The lovely couple seated next to us were regulars and helped us out by sharing their faves.


I decided on the 1/3 lb. Gina burger that had bacon, mushrooms and swiss cheese on it. I added lettuce but I'm not a big fan of onions or tomatoes on my burgers so I asked to hold those. I also decided to sub the fries for haystack onion rings and the entire entree was amazing. The burger was perfectly cooked and the toppings were just what my taste buds were asking for. So juicy and delicious. I made a good choice.  (Sorry the pic is so poor, I forgot I wanted to document the food until after I had devoured half of it!)

Tiffany ordered a burger as well - the Mean Jean (? I think it was called) which had haystack onion rings on it. It looked wonderful and much larger than mine. She was in heaven while eating it. She said it was an amazing burger and it looked so great. She also ordered wings for us to share. We order them plain and get the sauces on the side. She likes hot sauce and I like terriyaki sauce so we got one of each. I only had a wing or two as the burger was so good I wanted to fill myself of that, but the wings were hot, meaty and had a perfect amount of crunch for me. I would definitely go back for just wings on a Monday or Thursday when they have their $.20 wing nights.


I also want to go back for their french dip sandwich, maybe a pizza and a few other of their gourmet sandwiches. Overall I was completely impressed with the quality of food, friendly regulars that helped us thru the menu and speed of service. This little Waukesha gem is one that I will have to make part of my regular hits.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about Fuzzy's, but have never been there. Hopefully I'll check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please remove this blog post!

    As you and Tiffany discovered, Fuzzy's is a local favorite and at times can be jam packed.

    Reviews like yours will only encourage MORE people to go to Fuzzy's and then it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get a table.

    ...and then, as Yogi Berra would say: "Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded!"

    Please remove this post!


    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at Fuzzy's right now for work/lunch. I actually ordered a breakfast item, The Rocky Mountian, the best thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gotta go back for breakfast. The weekend biscuits and gravy or the Tostada My Breakfast are my two faves but I have tried most of the breakfast items and have never been disappointed. If they ever have their steak and eggs special, order it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan to go there for breakfast as that is what everyone in the place was telling me. If I went there without craving a burger, I might have ordered some but I guess I'll just have to go back. :)

    And to Anonymous - I'm sorry I'm trying to help Waukesha's food hot spots get on the map. I don't think Fuzzy's will mind my write up. Sometimes you have to wait a little bit for a good thing. Or maybe this means the Fuzzy's needs to expand???

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, good things are on the East End too!

    Don't pass up their Friday fish fry if you have the chance too!

    ReplyDelete