Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pin-It Tuesday: Cookies for Kids' Cancer Bake Sale

I am participating The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2012 and Milwaukee's Cookies for Kids' Cancer Bake Sale. Both are coming up this week. My Christmas cookies for the cookie swap will be going in the mail tomorrow and some of the extras of the batch will be packaged for the bake sale.

I was feeling festive again, so I just had to put on my Snoopy holiday socks to bake in! They say Let It Snow, but with yesterday being a high of 60, all we got was rain! (Wishful thinking tho!)

The recipe that I made tonight will only be going to the bake sale because they are too delicate to ship and arrive in one piece. But man are they cute!

I found the recipe for these Rudolph Peanut Butter cookies on Ladies' Home Journal via Pinterest. How can you pass up these? Not to mention - peanut butter, chocolate and pretzels, that is the sweet/salty indulgence that I love.

I followed the recipe exactly, besides subbing Splenda for sugar. This recipe is my chance to also show you my mom's "vintage" mixer. I believe this was a wedding gift and as of yesterday, they have been married for 36 years (And it was a floor model and never spun on its own!)  The cord likes to fall out of the back while you are using it, so I think it's time to retire this old girl! Hey KitchenAid, can you help her out with an upgrade - haha!


I baked the cookies for slightly under the length of time suggested as I believe my oven runs hot. These cookies need a production crew, because they were setting up faster than I could get the nose, eyes and antlers in. So in the future, I would ask to have help from a co-baker, but no one was around tonight. It was just me and my wine - it was an easy-to-drink Smoking Loon Merlot.








They are a very light peanut butter cookie, which is what I like. I will definitely tweak the recipe and maybe use a tried-and-true family recipe as the base to make them a bit more hearty and solid so I can ship them in the future if needed.

I plan to put these on a cute plate and sell them at the #MKEFoodies Bake Sale at Best Place at the Pabst Brewery this Saturday from noon - 4 pm. Stop by to get these and many, many, many, many other wonderful treats and help out a great cause. 

2 comments:

  1. These cookies are so cute! I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    I really like your blog and I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. The information about it is avaiable in todays post. Hope you're having a great day!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete